Our curriculum exceeds state minimum standards in almost every respect. 44% of the instructional hours are dedicated to physical skills, officer safety, and survival. This emphasis is balanced by a demanding set of academic standards carefully designed to prepare students for success in a field training program. Students learn through a variety of experiences facilitated by subject matter experts and are required to demonstrate a high level competency in six core dimensions in order to graduate. Students use computer technology for research, report writing, and to access the academy's website for a wide range of resources. We have our own emergency vehicle operations course that uses a skid car to provide students with a completely realistic driver training experience. Firearms training is conducted in an indoor firearms training facility that is one of the best in California.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate oral and written communication skills.
- Confront and assess a problem and identify a solution using good judgment.
- Comprehend and retain factual and technical information related to the profession.
- Understand differences and work effectively with diverse populations.
- Demonstrate physical fitness, stamina, and fine motor skills related to the profession.
- Identify personal strengths and weaknesses.
We employ a full time staff of coordinators, a recruit training officer, drill instructors, and utilize over 100 part time working law enforcement professionals to deliver instruction. Each of these individuals is committed to promoting cadet success in a positive and challenging learning environment. We are visited regularly by law enforcement agencies from all over California. We have the reputation you are looking for.